November 2017 – Present Associate Director of User Experience — UBS Financial Services NY
I lead the design, development and execution of a portfolio of products, across a wide range of analytical and educational initiatives. I direct the design of complex digital solutions, focusing on fostering a team that consistently creates best in class work. I use ‘Design Thinking’ which also includes the ability to communicate strategically as well as visually. I lead large scale, high impact projects, that involve several vital areas, including data analytics, educational processes, and design capabilities:
• Partner with executives across the organization to create cohesive and impactful experiences that deliver for the business and customers
• Oversee a portfolio of products and services that serve unique customer needs while fitting into a greater experience ecosystem
• Inspire and mentor designers to stretch and grow their craft, and champion human-centered design across skill sets, teams, and perspectives
• Recruit top talent, build out a best-in-class team, and invest in their continued success
• Drive innovation not only in customer-facing experiences, but in practices and processes that bring about world class solutions
• Demonstrate design leadership of a cross-skilled team within a large scale, high tech company
• Maintain a track record of envisioning, designing, and delivering successful and respected products and services
• Strategically influence senior leadership as a champion of human-centered design
• Collaborate, inspire, and continue to evolve a team that creates great results and a positive culture
• Connect analytical data with practical solutions in a real-world environment with passion and commitment
• Manage the design of a complex and highly regulated ecosystem of products and services
July 2016 – October 2017 Consulting Lead User Experience Designer — American Express, PriceWaterhouse, Warner Music Group NY
November 2013 – June 2016 Lead User Experience Designer — ADP, ADP Innovation Lab NY
Lead the Lean UX design of user experiences (UI designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a agile development environment for Human Resource based applications.
• Design user flows, wire frames, prototypes, user interface specifications, and final graphics
• Strategically create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework
• Initiate and manage user experience research and testing processes
• Work hand in hand with development team to translate UX vision into working prototypes
• Drive the development and communication of design guidelines, patterns, and libraries
• Fluency in best practices for web-based and mobile information architecture and responsive design
• Create style guides, pattern libraries, and other design solutions that drive design
• Work with agile development teams and their integration with Lean UX
• Critically analyze technical trade-offs between different design options which drives overall design and technical architecture
June 2012 – November 2013 Lead User Experience Designer — Saatchi & Saatchi NY
Established the User Experience Department at a major international advertising agency. Directed the development of experiences to take advantage of emergent web 2.0 technologies.
• Directed user experience design process for web presences, mobile platforms and tablet technology.
• Directed translation of site objectives into personas, site maps, user flows, wire frames, prototypes and functional specifications for web sites, mobile and tablet platforms.
• Directed user testing to research and further refine proposed designs of the site, as well as designed and developed testing strategies
Eukanuba Pet Food, Iams Pet Food, Fruitsnackia, Head & Shoulders Shampoo, Lucky Charms Cereal, Pillsbury Cookie Dough, Tide Detergent
January 2011 – June 2012 Senior User Experience Designer — LBi NY
Oversaw interaction design process for web presences, mobile platforms and tablet technology at a digital design agency
• Translated site objectives into personas, site maps, user flows, wire frames, prototypes and functional specifications used to design and develop web sites, embedded media, as well as mobile phone and tablet platforms.
• Worked in tandem with copywriters, art directors and digital strategists to ensure consistent usability principles are applied to all aspects of design.
• Designed heuristic evaluations and competitive benchmarking.
• Collaborated with project managers and account supervisors to manage client expectations regarding deliverables.
Americans Elect, MasterCard, Benjamin Moore, Johnson & Johnson, Michael Kors, Forrest Labs, Novartis, Skype
August 2010 – January 2011 Senior User Experience Designer — DraftFCB NY
Managed interaction design process for web presences, mobile platforms and tablet technology at a advertising and marketing agency.
• Designed personas, site maps, user flows, wire frames, prototypes and functional specifications used to design and develop web sites, embedded media, as well as mobile phone platforms.
• Worked in tandem with copywriters, art directors and digital strategists to design consistent usability.
• Managed user testing to research and further refine proposed designs of the site. Designed and developed testing strategies and support materials to test interactive experiences.
Above the Influence, Eli Lilly, Fisher Price, Novartis, The Anti-Drug, The United States Census
March 2009 – August 2010 Senior User Experience Designer — E*Trade Financial
Designed interactive experiences for the web presence, mobile platforms and emergent iPad technology for major financial corporation.
• Used user research, persona development, and information architecture design to develop wire frames that supported functional requirements for development of E*Trade web site, as well as E*Trade’s mobile phone platforms.
• Designed information architecture for mobile projects, including iPad applications.
• Participated in user testing to further refine proposed redesign and design of specific parts of the site.
• Worked with product managers in user-centered design process that focused on agile development.
May 2002 – September 2007 Freelance User Experience Designer — Berlin Cameron/Red Cell, BBDO, Bravo, CSTV, Estée Lauder, Grey Healthcare, Gotham, Fly Communications, McCann Erickson, Young & Rubicam
Developed and evolved advertising and marketing, by creating user experiences that were applied effectively across a many brands. Oversaw advertising, web design, detailed style guide creation, graphics production approaches, and design best practice.
Bombay Sapphire Gin, Boost Mobile Phones, Campbell Soups, Coca-Cola, College Sports TV, Crunch Fitness, Equinox Gyms, Grey Goose Vodka, Independent Film Channel, Manhattan Mini Storage, New York Jets Football Team, New York Life, Scholastic, Spike TV, Verizon Wireless
January 1996 – May 2002 Art Director — The National Basketball Association
Art directed, designed and produced interactive experiences, logos, POS, on-air graphics, web sites and print collateral materials. Managed staff of dedicated full time and freelance designers. Oversaw graphics production approaches, design best practices, detailed style guide creation, and delivery systems.
Bentley University, Waltham, Mass, Candidate in Master of Science, Human Factors
Parsons The New School, New York, NY, Master of Fine Arts, Master of Fine Arts, Design and Technology
The School of Visual Arts, New York, NY, Master of Fine Arts, Illustration as Visual Essay
The Art Institute of Boston, Boston, MA, Certificate in Illustration
General Assembly, New York, NY
Adhouse, New York, NY
New York University, New York, NY, Certificate in Interactive Design and Production